Saturday, August 28, 2010

Set Me Straight

Last night I got the Brazilian keratin treatment done. It was quite an experience! As soon as I opened the door to the salon I was hit by a cloud of smoke. The hair stylist said he was running behind so I took a seat and started flipping through magazines. A few minutes in and my nose and eyes were burning. I looked up at one of the girls who was in the process of getting the treatment done and she was holding a napkin over her face. I started to panic about what was in the air and knowing that this would take a few hours I questioned if I would be able to handle it.

I tried to push those thoughts into the back of my mind as I anxiously flipped through more magazines. Finally, over an hour later, the stylist was ready for me. I came in with my hair shampooed twice with no conditioner or other products in it like he asked so he jumped right in by brushing my hair and applying the product. After my hair was coated I sat under the dryer for 20-30 minutes. My thick mane had barely dried so his assistant came over with a blow dryer to speed things up. 

Once my hair was dry it was back to the stylist who worked his magic with the straightening iron. He used a comb as he went along to protect his hands from the scorching 450 degree heat. It was a bit disconcerting to hear my hair sizzle as the stylist worked near my ears. After he was finished straightening he did a quick trim and freshened up my layers. 

x2    x2

The end result was stick straight hair. I actually prefer my hair with more volume and life to it so I'm hoping that it will come back after I am able to wash it. Which brings me to the fact that I am not allowed to wash my hair for four whole days! I also can't tie my hair back, wear a headband, or anything else which might mess my hair up. I'm still very curious to see how it holds up over time. I have to say that the time, expense, and pain of it all is probably enough to keep me from doing it again unless it lasts for several months.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment