Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Verdict Is In...

The verdict is in - the Brazilian keratin treatment (BKT) was a big fat fail! After four looong days of greasy hair I was so excited to hop into the shower, special sulfate-free shampoo in hand, and see just how well the treatment worked. As soon as I started to lather up I could feel the curls returning. I was pretty upset with that I saw when I got out of the shower and looked in the mirror.  My hair appeared to be less curly than before, but only by a small amount. Certainly not worth the time and money I had put in.
Photobucket
One the left is my hair right after getting the BKT done. The photo on the right shows how curly my hair was after washing it for the first time. The second time I washed my hair (not pictured) it seemed to have completely returned to its naturally curly state.
I got out the blow dryer and flat iron and went to town. The straightening process didn't seem to go any quicker than before. The only positive that I could see what that my hair didn't frizz up when I went outside and it felt very smooth and silky.

Despite the fact that I had very limited success with the treatment I'm still glad I did it. I had been wanting to try it for a long time and now I finally know what it's like. I heard some positive reviews of the Japanese hair straightening from some of my classmates so I may consider trying that in the future. In the meantime I'll continue to use my blowdryer and iron to straighten my hair into submission or, more likely, just let my curls do what they do best and try to accept it.

Oh, and on another note my in-laws will be visiting for the weekend. They are nice enough to drive my new car down and will be staying for two days to visit. I'm not sure what our plans are, but I'm sure we'll find something fun to do.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome! If you decide to try any of the straightening treatments I'd love to hear how it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete