Monday, August 23, 2010

Goodbye Zoom Zoom!

Over the weekend I sold my car. It was a bit hard saying goodbye to my first car, but Andy and I got a good offer on another car with really low mileage so we figured it was time to make the change. 


When we took my car to Carmax they gave us a reasonable offer and everything seemed to be going smoothly. We decided to sell with them, but when we took the car in there was a bit of a snag with the title. I'll cut out all the boring details and just say that when you go to get a title for your car, NEVER estimate your odometer reading, even if the people at the office act like it's no big deal. They can wait for you to go out and check. 



In the end it was going to take weeks and some additional money to fix the title so we sold the car as is, with full disclosure regarding the title mixup, by listing the car on Craigslist. Within 3 hours of posting the listing the car was sold and to top it off we got more that we were going to get with Carmax. 

In memory of my car...
x1
5 years ago, right after I bought my car
x1
and Saturday, the day we parted ways

x1
x1
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment