Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Recipe - Cowboy Cookies

I've got a couple new posts up my sleeve, but while I work on those I thought I'd share one of my favorite recipes. If you've never had cowboy cookies you are truly missing out! I found this recipe online a few years ago. My grandma makes them slightly different and hers are delicious as well, but I don't know what I did with her recipe so I just follow the one below.

x1




1 cup    shortening
1 cup    granulated sugar                       
1 cup    brown sugar
2          eggs                
1 tsp     vanilla
2 cups   flour
1 tsp     baking soda                  
½ tsp    baking powder
½ tsp    salt
2 cups   oats
½ cup   shredded coconut                                  
1          6oz package chocolate chips

Directions:
1.     Preheat oven to 350°

2.     In large bowl, with electric mixer, cream the
·         shortening
·         granulated sugar
·         brown sugar

3.     Add
·         eggs
·         vanilla extract

4.     Beat until well blended

5.     Stir in
·         flour
·         baking soda
·         baking powder
·         salt

6.     Add
·         oats
·         chocolate chips
·         coconut

7.     Put on greased baking sheet

8.     Bake 8-10 mins

9.   Enjoy!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment