Thursday, April 1, 2010

Inspiration, part 2

I thought I'd share a few more photos of some gorgeous Spanish-Mediterranean homes, enjoy!

inspiration part 2inspiration part 2

















This house has beautiful symmetry. I love the fireplace flanked by built in bookshelves. The three archways remind me of the Crosley (see below).

inspiration part 2
Source
I love those wooden doors! 

Photobucket
The Powel Crosley on our wedding day. A large house is a must to be able to pull off a fireplace of that size. Oh, and did I mention I love wood doors?

Photobucket
The Crosley was built in 1929 by Mr. Crosley for his wife Gwendolyn and served as their winter home. The house is 11,000 square feet with 21 rooms, 10 baths, and servant's quarters on the second floor. Mr. Crosley abandoned the house after his wife passed away. In 1982 it was bought by Manatee county and placed on the National Registry of Historic Places. It's amazing to see the photos hanging in the upstairs hallway of the house when it was abandoned. You'd never know it now, but it was falling apart. Click here to see the photos. For more information, visit the Crosley's website.

Photobucket
This is actually not a house, but a spa. I'm not sure what's on the 3rd floor, but that vaulted ceiling is amazing!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment