Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dream Home Inspiration

I love thinking about the design of our dream home and all the features I'd like it to have. I've got a file on my computer in which I keep inspiration photos that I've found online, but the biggest design inspiration for our dream home, at least in terms of the exterior, is the house next door to my grandmother. I don't think I need to explain why, just take a look at it!

Dream House (small)

Dream Home 2 (small)Dream Home 3 (small)
Dream House 4 (small)

I love the Spanish-Mediterranean style, the rounded corners, the arched entryway, and the pretty green trim around the windows. It was built and sold a few years ago for over $2.5 million - slightly beyond our current means. For now I'll have to keep dreaming.

Is there a particular style that you're drawn to?

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I remember that house. It's huge!

    Since living up north (yes, I consider north Florida up north), I've been attracted to red brick houses. Right now I live in a brick apartment building. I like brick because it adds character to a building. Plus to me, it can be difficult to tell the age of a building when it is brick which helps make it classic looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, brick houses can be really beautiful and timeless! I like when houses have exposed brick inside too, it's like a built in accent wall.

    ReplyDelete